Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving and start to the Holiday Season, everyone!

I have plenty to be thankful and anxious for, which is fitting for the Advent Season. I am thankful yet anxious for Josh to move down to SC. I am thankful yet anxious to be finishing up with school and looking for a job. I am thankful yet anxious that I am getting married in a mere (yes, mere) 8 months.

I was blessed to be able to spend my last Thanksgiving as a single gal with my loving family and my sister's new boyfriend. That's always fun. I am thankful, yet anxious that it is my last Holiday Season as a single gal.. I can't wait for next year: Holidays with the Myers' in Charleston. Everyone come on down to the beach. :)

In other news, my save the dates are going out on Tuesday afternoon. I cannot believe it's already save-the-date time.. It seems like yesterday that we finally nailed down a date/location/theme/everything. Wedding planning, for what it's worth, is not for the faint of heart, and not something I ever want to do again. My parents were gracious enough to mail them for me, and they are gracious enough to take over the actual invitation mailing duties, as long as I figure out the wording and templates. I'm so lucky.

This Friday is our 5th dating anniversary. 5 years ago he told me: "I love you.....buddy?" And the rest is history. There are days that I wish we could go back to that cold day in December as we were snuggling warm in a dorm bunk bed (the lower one, thank goodness). We had no idea what was in store for us, but man were we confident. We may not be the same two people we were way back then, but I know that every time I see his face, I love him just as much as I did that day and I find new things to love about him every day. It's the holidays that make me miss him the most, but sooner than soon it will all be over.

Countdown: 14 working days until his last day
Countdown: 30 days until he moves down.

Also, he's coming to visit in Nashville for Christmas. I can't wait.

Be thankful, and anxious. It is in cautious expectation that we await the coming of God, and so it is with cautious expectation that we wait for most things in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment